Wednesday 31 August 2011

Lighting update

 I went to East Tamaki today and got sample for the blue LED strips.
Mike said he could give us $2-3 for a meter which is originally $15. He wanted to give them for free but he already sponsored to Starship hospital so he couldn't give them for free.
We need 45m of LED strips(correct me if i'm wrong) but he said he only have 25m of blue and it takes at least a week to manufacture it. So I think it's best to have 25m of blue and 20m of white? Or we could even use waterproof ones but he said it'll be more expensive.


Total cost of LED strips will be around $135 and 45m of strip will use 220w of power or 1amp at 220v


I'll take the sample to studio tomorrow and the plastics will arrive tomorrow so we can experiment tomorrow in studio or even on the site.

PS. For staining the Glulam, can people tell me what tone/colour we want?
I heard that we definitely don't want orange or dark colours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment